The NACE Legislative Committee is ramping up for the 2017 Legislative Session. Joe Tommasino has provided an update below regarding pre-filed bills and four bills of significance.
Additionally, documents related to the 2017 Legislative Session will be available to NACE members on our website. A discussion forum has also been established to facilitate conversations regarding proposed bills and their impacts. Please save the links below to access the documents and join the discussion.
Documents - https://nace.wildapricot.org/documents
- List of pre-filed bills - https://app.box.com/s/nnrzsyk64cwtt5jwpm8392fia6xvdcv2
Forum - https://nace.wildapricot.org/forum/4253457
(1) A total of 18 Assembly Bills and 16 Senate Bills have now been pre-filed on the Legislature’s website. The bills can be viewed at the following link:
(2) I have identified the following four bills that are especially significant:
AB 14: Requires the submission of a complete set of fingerprints to the Central Repository for Nevada Records of Criminal History for court orders relating to a legal name change and citations for domestic violence.
SB 11: Revises provisions governing the procedure for filing certain postconviction petitions for a writ of habeas corpus.
SB 8 and SB 9: Both of these bills revise provisions relating to presentence and general investigations and reports.
(3) Another bill (SB 6) adds prosecutors and the spouses and minor children of prosecutors to the list of persons who may request that their personal information contained in the records of a county assessor be kept confidential. We will need to keep an eye on this bill to see if it will be combined with the AOC’s related bill dealing with court administrators.
(4) As of today, 498 BDR’s are in the pipeline. If you want to review the BDR list, it is at this link: